due to covid, indoor dining is only available by reservation.
we also do takeaway.
see our coronavirus mitigation policies for more info.
regular opening times
if a yom tov day falls on one of our opening days, we may close the café to observe. likewise we might open the café on an irregular day to celebrate certain holidays with the community. our calendar will have up-to-date information about when we’re open.
these times are subject to change: we need to see what regular hours work for us and meet the communities’ needs.
the calendar is updated with our hours, all our events, and any jewish holidays when the café will be closed.
we’re very excited to have a space to platform queer and jewish events, groups, lectures, workshops, skillshares, conferences, nights, gigs, films, and more! we hope to livestream most of our events, and to have BSL interpreters at every event possible.
if you have an event you’d like to host with us, please get in touch.
a non-exhaustive list of the types of events we have in mind:
- shabbos dinners and other jewish holiday events
- inter-faith meals
- antifascist organizing
- poetry readings
- music gigs, including-and-beyond kelzmer
- drag shows
- purim shpiels (which are basically drag shows)
- solidarity fundraisers
- yiddish singing groups
- talks on jewish cultures, history, and historiographies, in yiddish and english
- conferences on yiddish anarchism
- kid-friendly jewish vegan cooking classes
- yiddish lessons and reading groups
- other minority language classes and events (BSL! gaelic! ladino!)
- workshops on gay sign variant (GSV, a dialect of BSL)
- lectures on polari
- queer film screenings
- banner making craft days
- support groups
- crypto parties
you can see some of our past events archived on our youtube channel.